This week, this humble blog celebrated its 5000th page view. Well, 'celebrate' is a bit strong. Still. Viewed 5000 times; that's 10,000 eyes. From more than a dozen countries.
Here's the current map.
|Viewing Footprint Shows a Strong Norther Bias|
In the past week, eyeballs from the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Russia, China, Ukraine (!), and Moldova (!!) have visited.
I'm not sure who in Moldova blundered here - no comment was left. Could be a robot, or someone phishing. Thus far, I've not received any breathless requests from descendants of the deposed Romanoff family, promising riches if I send a cheque for a couple of hundred bucks.
Anyhow, viewers have also come from Mexico, Australia, Brazil, South Africa, and Vietnam. Thus far, no princes from Nigeria.
Some fun facts:
- This is the 114th post. About 45 views per post
- One post in particular - about Margaret Thatcher, was the most viewed - nearly 200 hits
- Posts have covered topics as varied as California licence plate schemes, baseball free agency and market efficiency, Oprah Winfrey's weight, taxes, and statistical perorations. Oh, and some politics here and there.
- I've now posted at least once in each of the past 5 years (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now 2103).
- Some predictions have been pretty accurate (comment on my running history in 2009 predicted I would hit 12,000 total miles run in November 2010, which I did).
- Some predictions have been way off (discussion of Dontrelle Willis's future)