Wednesday 27 April 2016

Pack Your Bags (eh!)


Just read that Lena Dunham, the "star" of the cable show "Girls" has joined the celebrity short bus that doubles as a political bandwagon by threatening to leave the US if Donald Trump is elected.

Quoting the very modestly talented, but very foul-mouthed actress:
I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will, I know a lovely place in Vancouver and I can get my work done from there.

I've written about Dunham before, but suffice it to say, I've seen her show; I've seen her forays into pop politics before.  

It's hard to say which underwhelms me more.

But when I read this latest eructation, I was genuinely conflicted.

On the one hand, as a native-born Canadian, I would not wish Lena Dunham on the land of my birth.  Additionally, I have relatives in Vancouver, and they do not deserve this sort of punishment.  

On the other hand, as a current American, I see the up-side here.  


  1. Hillary Clinton not in power
  2. One less middling, big-mouthed, self-indulgent millenial taking up space here in California
  3. Four years of President Oompa Loompa
  4. We owe them for Justin Beiber.


That looks like a win-win-win-win to me.  That's a DOUBLE win-win.

So with apologies to my former mates, the Canadian half of my family, and my uncle Bob specifically, I am all in to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

No comments: